Just like other channels on the web, YouTube also provides a specific account that you can use for marketing your business and boosting its traffic. The business account of YouTube is known as the YouTube brand account.
Unlike the regular YouTube channel, this one can be managed by various individuals of an organization. You can assign duties to different people in your company, and all of them can upload different types of marketing content to help your channel grow.
As compared to the standard YouTube channel, this channel can help you leverage the benefits of YouTube in a better way.
How to make a YouTube Brand Account?
As the popularity and relevancy of video content are on the rise, many of you must be super interested in getting a YouTube brand account. Here is how you can set up one!
- First, you have to log into your YouTube account. If you do not have a YouTube account, you need to make an account. You can do simply create one by adding your basic details or by using your Google ID and password.
- Once you have a standard YouTube account, click on the avatar located in the top right corner of your screen.
- You will see a drop-down menu right on the screen. Look for the security option and click on it.
- If you have a channel already, you will see an option named, Create a new channel. Tap on it.
- The next screen shows you a dialog box where you need to add the business name of your channel. Ensure that you provide a self-explanatory name as this channel will be public and will represent your business on the web.
This is how you can make a brand account on YouTube! But, this is not it. There are many other things that you need to learn about the YouTube brand account. Here are some of those crucial things!
The Customization of the YouTube Brand Account
Once you have your YouTube brand account, you can make it better by doing some customization changes in it. YouTube offers a lot of customization options. Let’s take a look at them!
Description of your channel
One important thing that you need to do after creating a channel on YouTube is to add the description of your channel. The information added to your channel helps people understand what type of business you have.
To add information to your channel, follow these steps!
- Find the customize channel option on your channel page.
- The upcoming page you will see is the channel customization page. Look for the “About” option on this page and click on it.
- The about option opens up various other options for you on the page. For example, on the about page, you can add details of your firm like website link, location, contact email, and a short description.
You can also use relevant keywords in the description to make sure that users find you easily. Other than that, there can be many benefits of adding an email to the channel. The email would be the prime way of contacting you for the users. Adding social media links to your YouTube brand account can also help you garner more quality traffic.
It is possible that a business has more than one channel. If you have multiple YouTube channels or plan to make more, you can add these channels to your current brand account.
The method of adding them is pretty easy. On the customization page, look for the “Featured Channels” option. It is on the middle right of the page. Click on the option and add all of your channels.
The prime motive behind this is to build connections with the audience and expand your user base.
Icon and Art
It is pretty easy to recognize Facebook, Amazon, and many other apps, right? The most important reason behind this is their logo. All of these apps have unique logos that immediately capture user attention. Therefore, if you want your channel to be recognized easily, you need to add an icon or logo to it.
With a logo in place, users can find you without even reading your channel description. YouTube allows you to add a standard 800 x 800 icon to your channel. Other than that, you can also add a 2560 x 1140 banner to your YouTube brand account.
All of these customizations can make your YouTube channel much better and recognizable.
Benefits of a YouTube Brand Account
Firstly, a YouTube brand account is completely free to start. Other than this, there are many benefits like:
- Top-end security: A YouTube brand account promises security as you and each member of your team can log in by using their respective Google IDs.
- Dedicated permissions: YouTube brand account is a collaborative account which means a number of people can use it. The owners of the account can add and remove managers, edit information, post videos, etc. On the other hand, the managers can do everything except add and remove managers.
- Measurements: The best thing about a YouTube brand account is that you can get various great insights. You can know about time reports, revenue reports, demographics, engagement, and interactions. These parameters can help you understand what kind of content is liked by your audience. You can develop better content if you observe a negative impact on the parameters.